Opportunity: Member Services Representative
Monday, January 13, 2020
Posted by: Rebekah Wilbert, executive administrator
Full Time: 40 hours/week (on average)
Location based anywhere in Wisconsin as long as individual is willing to travel. See travel section for additional details on requirements.
The member service representative solicits membership and provides services to members for Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative and the Dairy Business Association by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visits and develops relationships with prospective members to explain benefits and costs of membership and to describe objectives of the cooperative and association.
- Collects member information, fills out appropriate forms and submits to office.
- Speaks to members at meetings about cooperative and association’s news and services.
- Provides on-site information about both organizations and membership benefits with prospects.
- Staffs membership booth at cooperative and association’s special events and tradeshows.
- Provides weekly and monthly time schedules, member activity, work plans and competitive information via on-line tools.
- Visits labs for verification checks on a monthly basis and reports results to appropriate contacts, including Federal Milk Market Administrators.
- Recruits member involvement in Dairy Strong Sustainability Alliance and other initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
A company vehicle will be provided for business use as you will be expected to travel on average 4 days a week. Some overnight stays will be expected.
As a team member with the Dairy Business Association and Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative, you will also be expected to attend and assist with events related to the association/cooperative:
- Dairy Strong conference – January
- Golf outing – June
- Packer Tailgate – August
- Policy Picnics – July
- Other tradeshows/events as needed (such as World Dairy Expo in October)
- Bi-weekly staff meetings – once per month in-person, others by phone
This is not a comprehensive list and is subject to change.
Essential skills/Minimum qualifications
To be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Time management, ability to multitask
- Strong agricultural background
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Bachelor’s degree and sales experience are preferred, but not required.
Negotiable depending on skills and experience. In addition to salary and commission,
Edge Dairy Farmer Cooperative offers:
- Health insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Short-term disability offered
- Life insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 401 (k) plan
- Paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Communication method(s) used:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Please send resume and cover letter to Rebekah Wilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.