The voice of milk
Edge was built on a foundation of added value the cooperative could offer farmer members and continues to lead the way in giving every farmer a strong voice in Congress, with customers and within their communities.
Founded in 2010 as the Dairy Business Milk Marketing Cooperative, Edge has advanced to one of the top cooperatives in the country in terms of milk volume represented.
Edge fulfills requirements of the Federal Milk Marketing Orders as a verification cooperative for dairy farmers, while also providing representation on federal policies that affect members and collaboration with other agriculture stakeholders.
Our core services
- Federal representation on dairy-related policy issues
- Verification of milk and milk components at testing laboratories in accordance with the Federal Milk Marketing Orders
- Bulk tank calibrations to ensure accurate milk weights
- Market information and news impacting the dairy community
- Promotion of members and the dairy community through news media and social media
- Scholarships for future dairy leaders
More about us
- Membership contract is “at-will” - no anniversary dates
- Edge does not buy milk or make cheese; we verify the amount of milk and milk components for farmers that sell to privately owned dairy plants.
- All members are charged the same amount for verification services - $0.015/cwt. We led the way in reducing the cost to belong to this type of cooperative.
- Each member is allowed an individual vote on Federal Order reforms. We do not bloc vote as other cooperatives commonly do.
Milk needs a voice – with customers, in the community and on policy. That voice of milk is the promise of Edge.
To be a national catalyst for a vibrant dairy community.
With passion and creativity at the core of everything we do, Edge listens and acts based on shared values. We advocate for the evolution of dairy while respecting agricultural heritage and collaborate to ensure success for the dairy farmers of today and tomorrow.
Our core values
- We put members first.
- We foster a culture of mutual trust and loyalty.
- We love our communities and value the relationships between farmers and their community.
- We work hard and adapt to change.